Monday, September 17, 2007

Still get nervous

Every once in a while I still get nervous when playing with the worship team, most of the time it is when either I start a song or have to play at somepoint by myself. I was doing good throughout the first song set then it came. As we are getting ready for the offering song I started getting nervous. I had to start the offering song and allthough it is a pretty easy riff and during practice and while practicing at home it went smooth but to start it off my fingers just didn't want to go and do what they were supposed to do until i either hit the wrong note or didn't hit the note enough to hear it then I settled down and the rest of it went good. Don't know why I still get that way I've only been playing in front of the church for 2 years now you think it would go away at somepoint. Kudos to James again for doing a great job, I know in what he was saying during practice that I think he did a phennomenal job. And big ups to Nate for starting the Come Thou Fount song. Now standing right next to him I could hear him without the mic and I was standing there thinking, the dudes got a good voice which later got me thinking with no offense to anyone why don't we have more than one singer per week. We have 4 very talented individuals who sing well we need to utilize this. Get everyone there everyweek and let Brent sing a song or two and James the same with Nate and David doing one as well or even have 2 or 3 or all 4 of them trade off on a song, I think that would be cool and would give a new view and allow different types of songs. One last thing on songs and once again no offense to anyone but I believe that there are more worship song writers out there than Chris Tomlin and David Crowder. Now while these two are great and write some pretty awesome songs I know that there are plenty more out there. It seems like we are getting in a rut of doing 3,4,5 or more of these guys songs each week for the last few months. I remember when we used to do 6 or 7 songs a week with all of them being by different artists. Maybe this is what is comfortable for the new guys for now and it will change later we will just wait and see. Everyone is doing a great job and I think that the worship portion is going good, we still have a few kinks to work out from week to week but we are getting there. Enough of my rant, enjoy the week and get involved.

2 comments:

Pink is God's said...

Just so you know, I am just singing the songs I know right now. If I tried to sing other songs that I don't know I don't think you would want to be a part of the worship team. (LOL)

Derek Chalfant said...

I'm behind you all the way even if you don't know the songs, now if I tried to sing than the last part would be true. ;}