Thursday, September 6, 2007

Step back in history

Last night we took a step back in time as we went to Taylor's open house at the high school to meet her teachers and see the classrooms, some of which I have not been in since leaving jr. high myself. It was kinda funny going back to those classrooms as I can remember them from 20 plus years ago with the same funny temporary walls. Going to the new jr. high section was weird as that was a wall of lockers when I was there but it looks really nice. It just seemed all to funny to be in my old school with my daughter who is going there. The last place we went to was the band and choir rooms and she was ready to go the long way there but the old man showed her a shortcut that she never went before. Although I've been out of school for 21 years now it just doesn't seem like its been that long ago that Bly and I and another buddy were pulling into the parking lot and in a dead sprint running to the locker and to our first class, we had to be there at 8:15 but we didn't leave until 8:10 don't know why but thats what we did and for the most part it worked out that we were not late. And one final thought do you remember being in school and how the time and days went so slow and took forever and once your out of school the time and days just fly by, case in point how it is allready September.

0 comments: