Saturday, September 1, 2007

First solo flight.

Last night I went back over to JOY FM to learn how to run the board for a high school football game and had a few nerves as I've have never got to do such a thing. I found out that it is actually easier than I thought it would be, just have to listen for the cue to go to break then listen to them to see how long the break needs to be. Naomi Miller who is the afternoon dj got the honors of being my teacher for the day. She started it off running the board and was very helpful in explaining and showing things to look for and do. About halfway through the first quarter she had me take over and I did the rest of the game. Only one mistake we missed a break while checking out jokes on each others cell phones, sorry. When the game was over I got to fly solo for an hour with Solid Rock Friday Night and that was a big blast. Had to make do with the cd's they had at the studio, normally the hosts bring in thier own cd's so I will know to do that the next time I go over there. The radio is a fun thing to work on and hopefully it will be something that I can get more involved in if that is what God wants for me.

Now I need a little help from all of you. I need a cool dj name you know there was Venus Flytrap and Dr. Johnny Fever and others so I need some ideas. Right now all I got besides my own name is Chieftone. Any ideas?

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Hal E. Luya (Hallelujah)
Dale E. Bread (Daily Bread)
Evan Lee Arps (Heavenly Harps)
Bill Ding (Building)
Lowden Clear (Loud and Clear)
Harrison Fire (Hair is on Fire)
Justin Credible (Just Incredible)
Abe Rudder (Hey Brother)
Rick Kleiner (Recliner)