Thursday, February 21, 2008

C3

C3 is Fellowship Church in Dallas, TX's annual conference and this year they are showing it on the Daystar Network (channel 369 for you Directv people) and last night was the first night and Ed Yound the senior pastor at Fellowship was speaking and it was a joy to watch. Tonight is Brian Houston from Hillsong and Perry Noble will be speaking today also but don't know if he will be on the broadcast and TD Jakes will be there on Friday. It is on from 8:30 to 10:00 and like I said it was very enjoyable last night, I am going to be looking to see if I can't get the message downloaded and watch and listen again. Tammy and I both enjoy watching Ed whenever we can and I would like to sometime visit Fellowship Church as well as Newspring Church in Anderson S.C. where Perry Noble is at. I wonder when I watch these guys with the churches that have thousands of people there do they go out and greet people after the service is over? Looking forward to tonights show, they even show the worship at the begining and one of the things that stuck with me when Ed was talking was don't come to church to worship, come worshipping. As Perry Noble would say, DANG, I never thought of it that way.

It was funny at the begining he introduced Brian Houston and was briefly talking to him about Hillsong Church and how it begun and where it is now and Brian said when they started they had no idea that God would use their praise and worship teams like He has. He said "Everywhere I go all around the world churches are playing songs that came from our house and it just amazes me. You even did a few of them earlier this evening and I should know my son wrote them." In my opinion you cannot top them (Hillsong, United, and even the kids worship teams), they just write great songs.

Lets play a little game......You know its cold out when _______________.
My answer today is when your nose hairs freeze as soon as you walk outside.

2 comments:

Coby said...

i know it's cold outside when...

i go outside barefoot to let the dog out and i can't feel my feet. i could do it in june, why not in february? it's just not right.

i like the new layout. the lightning and the guitar look pretty cool together. =]

Kris Sorensen said...

Derek,

I'd love to go to the C3 conference - I've known about it for several years now and I really want to get down there sometime. Tony Morgan is blogging about the conference as it happens

I've noticed Perry has been blogging about speaking at the conference and is probably pretty nervous tonight.

I also see that their conference (Unleash) at New Spring has almost maxed out at 2,000 people. We've got to get down there some time too.

I know it's cold outside when my windshield wiper fluid in my car is frozen while sitting in my insulated garage (stink I hate that).