Saturday, February 9, 2008

First second Saturday

Today was the first time that Tammy and or I have taken part in the second Saturday serve and I would be willing to bet that it won't be the last. We took some meals in bags so to speak as spaghetti and brownies to a group of people in a apartment complex in Winchester. Alot of the doors that we knocked on either they weren't home or didn't open the door but those who did were very recepitve to us. We were able to as Tyson said "Share the love" with alot of people there and got to pray with quite a few individuals which was fun. It really helped Tammy and I both come out of our little box and comfort zone with her being one of the voices for the group and I got desginated as the prayer voice. It was alot of fun and had fun with others from the church.

Yesterday as I posted Tammy and I got to go on a little date which was very overdue and very enjoyable. Went to the movies to see Fools Gold which was a pretty good movie. I don't see how it was PG-13 cause we probably wouldn't take Taylor who is 13 to see it but it was good. Funny thing though we went to the first showing at 11 am and there were only about 10 people in the theater but why is it that some dude had to sit right behind Tammy and I crunching away on his popcorn when there were a ton of seats available then a lady sat at the end of our aisle, are we that cool or popualar? I doubt it. Today also I got the privelage of going clothe shopping with my teenage daughter. For those of you with young daughters of your own I know someday you will feel my pain from today. Imagine her asking my if something matches. To me it matches if its a shirt and pants that matches don't ask me if this blue shirt goes with this ________(insert color of your choice here). I have no clue. But it was still fun in a strange sort of way.

0 comments: