Thursday, February 7, 2008

Compassion

As many of you know Tammy and I have sponsored a child through Compassion International now for coming up on 3 years. This is something that I had always wanted to do but always had the same excuses, "don't have any extra money" "can't afford it right now" or "maybe next year" were always the ones that kept popping into my head. But at a show a few years ago we took Taylor to Zoegirl was performing and during their set they took a little time out and talked about Compassion and the children they sponsored and Tammy and I looked at each other and both decided that the time was right. It has been alot of fun sponsoring our child Teshale who lives in Ethiopia. We have been able to see him grow physically and spiritually through his letters and photos. We try to send him a letter each month and I would like to move that up to a couple of times a month. It just amazes me that God is using my family to touch a child who lives half way around the world and God is also using him to touch our lives as well.

Here in about 2 months we are going to have the first ever Compassion Sunday at church and Tammy and I as well as a few others will be sharing our experiences as sponsorers and we invite you to take a step of faith and reach out to a child who does not have it like we have it here in the old US of A. It is well worth everything you put in and you can impact a childs life for eternity.

0 comments: