Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday songs and other stuff

Yesterday was yet another great service at FFC. Did anyone else feel small when PK was menitioning how big our universe is but then felt so big when he talked about how big our "insides are". Don't try to tell me we came from uncle ape, not buying it.

Yesterdays songs are as follows:

He Reigns - Newsboys
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
Be Glorified - Chris Tomlin
Worlds Apart - Jars Of Clay (This song just rocks, not from a musical standpoint but lyrically)
Just As I Am - Daniel Baker
It Is Well - Horatio G. Spafford
Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew

Youth was good last night as well, played nerts for the first time and it probably won't be the last. Even though I didn't win it was fun and our table had quite a few good laughs during the night. I am starting to feel alot more comfortable around alot of the students and really enjoy each week.

Found out this morning that one of my first "heros" in christian music passed away this weekend. Larry Norman was one of the first christian artist that my brother brought home and I really got into, he had a couple of Larry's albums on 8-track, thats right I said 8-track, old school. He had songs that would make you laugh, cry and think. In the seventies and eighties I think he was ahead of his time. Maybe someday we will pull out some Larry Norman during service. I think we could have done his song "U.F.O" this weekend. It has a line in there that says.......
"It there is life on other planets, I'm sure that He must know
Cause He's been there once already, and has died to save their souls."
God Bless you Larry, he has now joined a heavenly chorus.

0 comments: