Friday, February 29, 2008

O' Happy day

Have you ever tried to get something or try to help get something and thought to yourself, this is worthless it will never happen. I have been in that spot as recently as last month but after what I read yesterday "O' Happy day" (I tried to get a big choir to come and sing but couldn't get a deal done). A little over a year and a half ago I heard of this little tv station called THE GOSPEL MUSIC CHANNEL, it is MTV, VH1,CMT what ever style you like but from a christian perspective. They play christian videos, concerts, programs on artists and specials. But to my disdain it wasn't offered in this area or on DirecTv which is what we subscribe to. I joined the channel website and they had a letter to DirecTv that you could send them. I did this more than a few times and even wrote DTV my self to which they wrote back saying that they have channels that play music (XM satellite radio) in the 800's and that there is 4 channels that offfer christian music. They kind of missed the mark on my letter, I knew of these but wanted a video channel. After a while I began to wonder if it would ever happen and was contemplating giving up on writing. That was until yesterday when I was checking some music news on JOY FM's site when I saw the headline "Gospel Music Channel joins DirecTv on March 19." YES. I can't wait til the 19th to check this channel out and watch some of my favorite artists and see concerts and yes our tv will be stuck on this channel quite often.

Worship team practice last night was just a total blast and I can't wait til Sunday now. We are digging out a song from the vaults that hasn't been played for a year or so. It took a bit to knock some of the rust off of it but it sounds good. It is alot of fun to have Ryan with us for a few weeks filling in on the drums and after a while we both kept remembering more and more on this song, just little things that were cool about it. I'm not going to tell you the song but when we used to do it things sometimes got a little crazy with people yelling and getting into it and so on, so you'll have to wait until Sunday at 10:30 am.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Good job on lobbying for the channel!

Regarding the song this week: I'm looking forward to seeing Pastor Pink jumping and shouting... maybe he will even do a little dancing ;-)

Keym said...

Boooo! I will not get to see it or hear it because I will be helping the kiddies in Big KidZone. I really miss singing with you guys on stage. Maybe someday soon I will get to rock out with you again!