Friday, February 22, 2008

Ready to rock, ready to roll

Tonight if the weather cooperates I will be hanging out at JOY FM from 10-11pm doing the final hour of Solid Rock Friday Night. I am praying that the forcast is actually wrong this time and we don't get everything that they are calling for. Normally I would welcome as much snow as possible but this time I'm not. I am looking forward to playing some good music, giving some concert info and info on various bands and who knows what else, I just pray that I am open to what God wants me to do. Speaking of which I would like to ask for some prayers for today here at work, prayers for boldness on my part and for others to have their eyes opened and realize the lie they are being told and or living. There have been a few things going on for the past few days in passing that have got me kinda frustrated, confused, and basically wondering what has happened. Just a quick note without going into much detail there have been a few here who are really starting to mock God and those who have given their lives to Him and they just think that it is the funniest thing. I want to tell them the truth and what I believe but I keep finding myself frozen in my chair. I just pray that God rocks their world and mine to get us both where we need to be, them coming to him and me being bold and upfront and consumed with God's holy fire. I haven't let anyone in on this or what I'm feeling so I appologize for not doing so.

On another note practice last night was very good, good song list and some good ideas and feedback going on between everyone. We are starting to get back into that with both leaders, I see them both opening up to us more and more each week and trying new things. I am excited for the offering song which I don't believe will be a "sing-a-long" but if you take the time and focus on the words it is going to be off the hook. For your curiousity it is Jars Of Clay's Worlds Apart. It is a flat out question on who you are and where you stand. Here is a verse that stands out to me....

To turn away and not become
Another nail to pierce the skin of one who loves
More deeply than the oceans, more abundant than the tears
Of a world embracing every heartache
Can I be the one to sacrifice
Or grip the spear and watch the blood and water flow

My question is a simple one for myself and you... Am I carrying the cross, or am I swinging the hammer?

1 comments:

Coby said...

i'm tuning in tonight. i'm going to call in to say hi and make a request! i think i know what song already. =]