Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl.....Lived up to the hype.

I have enjoyed watching the Super Bowl for quite some time now, my first recollection of the game was 1977 Super Bowl XI, 11 for those who don't like Romean Numerials, when Oakland beat Minnesota and have watched every one since. Thats alot of Super Bowls and plus that means I'm old but I digress. Some memorable moments for me of course last year watching the local team win a championship was really cool, Super Bowl XIII when Pittsburgh, my brothers team, beat Dallas, my team at the time. Who could forget the Super Bowl Shuffle from the Bears at SBXX, sorry Bear fans great team but the most hideous song and dance I've ever seen in my life. The poor Bills make it to the big game 4 times in a row and came away with nothing to show. Most of the games are snoozers because the hype is so great for 2 weeks but last night it lived up to the hype and was a good game except for the poor sportsmanship showed by Patriots head coach Bill Belichek. Someone needs to bring him down a notch or two. And is it just me or does Tom Coughlin the coach of New York look like Jerry Van Dyke from Coach. I kept waiting for him to yell for Dauber at some point during his interview.

Tammy even got into the game and started understanding more about football and now of course its over till September now. She has a habit of getting into the sports I watch at the end of their respective seasons then when she starts liking it they are over. The commercials I thought were not all that spectacular, I think they are getting more hyped now just like the game, but there were a few of them. Tom Petty was allright for the halftime entertainment but what is he like 70 or something. Wouldn't it be cool if some year they have like Third Day or Mercy Me or someone like that and they turn halftime into a big worship time, how cool would that be. Now football is over so bring on the racing season, which starts next Saturday. Tammy asked last night is Sunday going to be sports day, and the answer is yes it is Sweetheart, yes it is and Saturday afternoons too just for good measure.

0 comments: