Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday set list for 2/17/08


Well here is Sundays set list and artist for this week:


Mighty to Save - Hillsong

Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brian Doerkson and Benton Brown

Beautiful One - Tim Hughes wrote it Jeremy Camp and Tree 63 had a hit out of it

How Great Thou Art - Stuart Vine

Give You My Heart - Reuben Morgan (Hillsong)

Draw Me Close - Micheal W. Smith, I am more familiar with the Kutless version.

Be Thou My Vision - Eleanor Hull, it is an old Irish poem.


It seems that alot of christian music is done by alot of different artists and what I mean by that is that 3 or 4 different artists do the same song. Pretty good list and it went pretty well but I do have a request, it worked once with a guitar so heres hoping. At the top of the page is a picture from Musicians Friend and they are in-ear monitors that run around $950, they are two channel so you can mix in one ear everything and in the other your instrument so you can hear everything mixed the way you want it. Any takers? Could have used them both Saturday and Sunday because neither time could I hear what I was playing. I could before we started but when we played nothing and yes everything was on and I could pick it out at the end of a song as I'd let a chord ring out but during nothing.
Saturday night was fun in a way but for the most part I tanked it. Fingers wouldn't do what I wanted them to do but we made it through. Here is something I learned this weekend, I listened to Perry Noble this week and his prayer before the message was that God would "Mess people up" so I prayed that for this weekend and it worked, on me. Going into this weekend I was pretty confident in what I was going to play and even practiced it and thought this is nothing, its almost too easy, I've got it going on. So when it was time to play that confidence, self pride and ego so to speak came crashing down in humility and looking back on it now I do believe that God did in fact "mess me up" in the form of "hey your not all that, keep your focus here, its not about you" and so on and so on. I have found out on more than one occasion that God has a way of directing my focus back to him when I think I've got it all taken care of, He humbles me and shows me that I am nothing without Him. You'd think that we would never want to lose focus on God but time after time we tend to do just that, lose our focus. I need to keep my eyes and focus fixed on Him.

1 comments:

Coby said...

that was a great line-up for sunday morning. wish i could've been there. i agree with what you're saying about humility. i've been in that spot more than a few times before.