Monday, April 14, 2008

Fun on the weekend

Had alot of fun this weekend with second Saturday serve, then the concert, church on Sunday and then youth Sunday night. I could have done without the sinus headaches though both days but did get a couple of good naps this weekend. At second Sat. Tyson and I helped with the dismantling of the KidZone, I got to use my vast knowledge of working with tools (wheres the instructions). That was fun to help out like that and I hope the church that picked the setting up gets alot of good use out of it like we did. Took a little nap then off to the concert. Had a good time on the way there with the fellows in the van except for the Backstreet Boys cd they put in for a few, I don't think Pink's cd player will ever be the same. Bad thing was is the 4 in the back were singing right along and then even sang more at the concert, just glad they didn't get up on stage. Show was good except for the fact that some of the crowd decided they wanted to start shoving each other and not really caring about if you wanted to join or not to which a few people who shoved into me got a few elbows thrown in their side and at one point I had to bust out the blocking out skills as Tammy and Taylor were to my right in front of me then I ended up on the other side of Taylor so I gave a big block out to move them out of the way. As Perry Noble would say for a minute I forgot I was a christian and violence entered my mind but then I didn't think it would be too cool to get kicked out of the show and have to wait outside for it to end so we went back to our seats and watched Skillet from there.

Yesterday was cool as well with the worship and message, I think this WAIT series was a homerun. Musically there were things we did that was fun trying to keep up with Pink at the end with the altars still full. I think that God was doing a little work with some people. Youth was fun, I really enjoy working with the students and getting some relationships built. Played a little 4 square which was a blast. Who would think that something that you did as a kid would still be fun 30 some years later.

SUNDAY set list:

Better Is One Day - Matt Redman (I'm used to the Kutless version)
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
Everlasting God - Chris Tomlin / Lincoln Brewster (Wish I could play like LB)
How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine
Agnus Dei - Micheal W. Smith (I like the Third Day version myself)
Come Thou Fount - Robert Robinson
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin

3 comments:

bryan vickery said...

now you're just being modest. not only did you PLAY four square. you owned it!

Derek Chalfant said...

I had my moments, was it just me or does anyone else hurt from bending over staying low on the ball.

ParkisonFamily said...

What, you didn't like my kids' singing???? Ha! At least that CD wasn't in MY house....