Monday, April 28, 2008

The weekend that was

Why do the weekends seem to just fly by? Had fun Friday night as you can see in the previous post and then again on Saturday. Saturdays at the station are different as all the songs are allready entered in and I just plan the breaks and what to talk about, and speaking of that there are times when I have it all planned out and when it comes time I forget some of what I was going to say, oh well. The 3 hours seem to just fly by as well, I finally got comfortable this weekend with when a song starts to have it turned down just a bit while talking over it then turning it up after I'm done talking. Lots of fun doing the radio thing and now I'm counting down til the next time I'm over there which is the 16th of May.

Yesterday was good and I really dug hearing the testimony about Ron from the gideon speaker, God works in situations and in people that we would say theres no way but hearing that just makes my day. The dance team from Whites did a incredible job as well and I think it was really cool when they came up there during the first set and helped get the congreation involved, that was totally unplanned and that is why it was cool. The singing was pretty loud up there yesterday and looks like people really got into it.

I really enjoyed watching the Talledega cup race yesterday even if Tony didn't win but it was a good race and let the streak continue for Dale Jr. Those last 20-30 laps where just insane with the 3 and 4 wide in the corners and sometimes 5 wide on the straightaways at almost 200 mph, don't tell me that racing isn't a sport, if you think it isn't then get your butt out there in the middle of all that and then tell me that of course after you change your pants. Youth was fun and relaxed with a Nertz tournament and some ice cream. Now back to work.......poop.

Sunday set list:
Everlasting God - Chris Tomlin/Lincoln Brewster
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
Better Is One Day - Matt Redman/Kutless
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Chris Tomlin
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin
Agnus Dei - Micheal W. Smith/Third Day

1 comments:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for "Nertz". It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks again