Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Slipped my mind

It slipped my mind but Friday night Tammy and I went to a place at Ball State called the Launching Pad to see our nephew Tyler and his band Fake.Is.The.Latest.Trend play. This is a small little place that has opened up for local bands to come play. It was pretty cool watching him and his band play their first ever paying gig. Even though he is only 15 he can play a mean guitar. It was fun helping them load in set up and tear down and hopefully we will get to see them more as they start playing more and more.

Got to check out all the packets that Compassion sent yesterday, they sent 40 of them for our Compassion Sunday and I was wondering if we could run out of packets this weekend, that would be cool. Don't fear if we run out there are sheets to sign up and Compassion will send you a packet of your choice. I'm praying that God moves people to open up and help out these kids and give them hope. Did I mention that Shaun Groves is going to be here, Tammy has done a fantastic job with all of that and I have a feeling that she won't be sleeping much Saturday night as she will be too excited about Sundays activities. Tammy and I will be speaking at the 8:30 service about our sponsored child Teshale. I would love to see the place packed out for both services and I have a feeling that this is gonna be big.

Tammy starts her new job today so if you can throw a prayer up for her nerves, she is a bit nervous about the whole new job thing but I know she'll do just fine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing extra packets, so don't worry. We've got you covered. And I'm praying we need every last one of them too.

See you soon.

Get some sleep Tammy.

-Shaun
Shlog.com
CompassionBloggers.com