Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunday set list and notes

Here is a quick rundown of the songs from yesterday:

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Daniel Baker
Make A Joyfun Noise - David Crowder Band*
My Savior My God - Aaron Shust
40 - U2
Give Us Clean Hands - Charlie Hall
Just As I Am - Daniel Baker
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Helen H. Lemmel (chrous of the hymm)

Decent set and I am a sucker for this and it happened twice yesterday and that is when we stop playing and all you hear is the congregation singing, it was really loud during Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, I just dig those times. Good message again yesterday, I really like this series. One thing I was thinking of yesterday was why do we TEST God when we should TRUST in Him. I am just as guilty as anyone. It is so easy to bring our list of good deeds followed by our list of wants and needs. How many times have you or I said "well I went to church this week now wheres my....." I thought of this yesterday and it is instead of TEST take out the E and you have T ST and replace it with a RU which then makes TRUST but it also poses a question RU trusting? I want that answer to always be yes.

Youth was fun with the surprise shower for the Vickerys, they are and have been a vital part of the YG for a few years and their time and dedication is greatly appriciated. And I realized last night why I don't play basketball much anymore last night as we had a quick game and what I mean by quick was it lasted less than 10 minutes and I was done for awhile, old man needs his rest. It was fun playing sound effects during the games and present opening. Busted out the Jepordy theme when they were doing a word scramble game and then the Pink Panther theme during another game. Just having a little fun.

0 comments: