Friday, April 11, 2008

Worship team practice

Last night practice was just a bit different than normal but I dig that. Normally we get there at various times around 7 plug in or turn the mics on do a little sound check with each individual instrument and microphone then kind of all together to see where the sound is. Then prayer is usually next followed by a brief rundown of anything out of the ordinary going on Sunday then off to the songs. Sometimes we tweak a song sometimes we just go through it and on to the next one. Songs done, practice over time to unhook or what I like to do, rock out for a few minutes, the guitar sounds just echo around the room for a bit and it sounds so cool. Pack up say goodbye and see ya Sunday or a quick chit-chat then out the door. Last night however Pink had some cds for us of the songs to listen to so we were kind of hanging around waiting for them and talking then see ya all and headed for the door. There were 3 of us ready to brave the elements when another member asked us to come back in and pray with them for a family member, no problem. All I got to say is WOW, that was incredibly cool to all come together at the altar and lift the family and situation up to God for Him to use for His glory. I like moments like these when we are all on the same page.

When we were waiting for the cd's I asked what was on them and Pink said just the songs we are doing this week so I told him I allready have them and we talked about cd collections and music collections on various media things. By the way we have over 200 cds and on my media player at work there is 108.5 hours of music on there from 78 different artists and some various cd's like the WOW series and some worship stuff. Today I will be having a Decyfer Down, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet fest as I get ready for tomorrow nights show. I have over 4 hours worth of music from them, half of it is TFK. Ready to rock.

I also got on JOY FM's site and see that they are halfway to their goal on sharathon and they have it broken down on communities and I was saddened to see that only 2 pledges from P-Town Down and 1 from Farmville, mine. Come on people lets give them a little help to keep good positive music in our area.

1 comments:

Keym said...

I miss worship practice :0(
I would love to go to the concert tomorrow but Nathan's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating tomorrow so we won't miss church and Youth! Have a blast though