Monday, April 21, 2008

Still blows my mind.

After a good nights sleep it still blows my mind that we got 71 children sponsored yesterday. I never would have guessed that number. When we got the packets in (40) I was wondering is it too many, is it not enough just didn't know. I do remember thinking it would be too cool to be able to get all 40 kids sponsored. Well we did that and more and I am still blown away. It is so funny that the last series was titled WAIT because that is what we did with Compassion Sunday and now I know why. When we started sponsoring we got an email at the begining of the next year (2006) about Compassion Sunday and we thought it would be cool so we brought that idea out to church and the time wasn't right. We did put those brochures out and now I know that 1 of those led to sponsorship. The ball was rolling, now fast forward to last year and the idea of Compassion Sunday was brought up again and this time it was a go. The original plan was for members to speak on the children they sponsored and then a message on it. That all changed a couple of weeks ago when Tammy Sorenson read a blog of an individual who said they would come for no charge to speak on Compassions behalf and play a few songs. She shot us an email about it and Tammy C. took the ball and ran with it.





When this all started I never imagined it would have this big of an impact, all I know is it was a God thing. We started thinking it would be a sucess if 10 kids were sponsored never imagining 71, I can just see God up there thinking "You guys were aiming too low." Yesterday was just incredible, from the testimonies to Shaun sharing to all the people who flooded the tables afterwards. It is just too cool to be able to sit back and watch God move. We were able to sponsor another child this time a girl from India who is 10 years old, Taylor has a new pen pal.


Lunch afterwards was fun, they need to put a Qdoba's out here by the shop, and talking with Shaun was like you've known each other forever. He has an incredible mission and heart for these kids and I thank him for sharing with us.





I also found out that I am getting old last night. Played a little dodgeball with the jr. high youth and got a little wore out. Got home and places were hurting that haven't hurt in awhile and this morning they still hurt so I'm gimping around here, I should know better but its too fun playing those kind of things. Here is yesterdays abbriviated set:

I Am Free - Newsboys
My Glorious - Delirious
Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew

0 comments: