Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Remember when

Here are a few things I've been thinking about from the past see if you "Remember When."

Remember when you used to get stickers on every tape, cd, or album you would buy at your local christian retailer to "buy 4 get 1 free?" They would take the sticker off the free one too so it was more like 5, wish they still did that. I was always get a chuckle out of the fact that on the sticker they said the cash value was like 1/32 of a cent but yet 4 of them equaled $10 to $15 credit. Go figure

Remember when Connie and JD Akers had a christian book store in Muncie? Purchased a few items in there. It was in the shops on Granville right next to Noble Romans. Which leads to....

Do you remember Noble Romans? I miss the deep dish scilian or how ever you spell it.

Do you remember Burger Chef and Jeff and their flat hamburgers? Ah the original fun meal with the little tray and toy.

Remember when Muncie basically ended at Target on Bethel. No Wal-Mart, Meijier, Toys-R-Us basically nothing past the old Target.

Remember any of these from our good ole' hometown of Farmland, Fosters Shoe Store, Mains Mens Wear, The Pool Hall, Bailey's then Inky's before the Moose, Bears Den Pizza, McIntyre Furniture, Ludwigs, Michelle's, Tri-Joes, Newtons Shell, Union 76 station, Point Pantry, and finally the I & H Cafe? Some of the buildings are still standing but with different tenants in them now.

Remember when you went to elementary school at either Parker or Farmland then met up with each other in 7th grade?
Remember when the library was where the police station is now?

Remember when gas was under a dollar a gallon?

And finally remember when kids actually played outside just about all day, no playstations, no computers, no Wii's, no cable or satillite tv, actually going outside and entertaining themselves.

Yeah I do, but then again I'm old.

5 comments:

Rick Brown said...

Yes to all the above. I'm older. The good ole days!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the Dairy Bucket, the motorcycle shop. The one I miss the most is
THE DISCO PALACE!

Derek Chalfant said...

The Dairy Bucket, I forgot about that, I used to like that place. I thought about the DISCO PALACE and real old was the pinball place that was above where the Pizza King is now, only went in there 2 or 3 times. You'll have to refresh my memory on the motorcycle shop. What about the Egg plant?

Anonymous said...

The motorcycle shop stood in the now empty lot north of Reeds Reality. I think there was some kind of Bible College where Harold Watsons place is. Couldn't remember if you put the Dime Store in your blog. Zalo Wilson had a grocery store out by the point pantry.

Keym said...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, ummmm no. I do remember the point pantry though! :0)
I remember when gas was under $2 a gallon and I could fill my Nissan Maxima up for $18.00 and let's be fair the the Wii here.... it gives quality family time while providing a safe exercising environment for all people ages 4 to 94. Rain or shine it's a great time!