Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stuff

It is amazing the amount of stuff we collect over the years and why we hang on to some of it is beyond me. We are in the process of cleaning out the garage and to get stuff ready for the big town rummage here in a couple of weeks and I am finding: A- We got alot of stuff that we haven't used or for that matter even thought of for quite sometime, B- The kids have accumulated alot of toys, most of which served a quick purpose then off to the garage to be forgotten about, i.e. hot wheels tracks. C- I found 2 boxes full of videotapes, most of them are 15 to 20 years old. I think the only thing I used to tape was Headbanger's Ball on MTV and (insert night of the week here) Thunder from ESPN where they used to broadcast races from Winchester, IRP, Salem and other local tracks. I bet there are tapes that I recorded then have never watched. I thought about popping one in but I'm half afraid because the tape will probably snap. I do have a nice collection of different wrecks, flips and various other racing highlights. Why do we hang on to such things? If you ever figure it out let me know.

I did get to make a cd for one of Taylors classmates who has been a frequent visitor to The Slam aka Jr. High Youth. She had a list of songs and I put some more in took some away and ended up with a 2 cd set for his listening pleasure full of some good christian rock for him to check out from Kutless, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Red, Pillar, and many more. I dig making those types of cds for people to check out different music, now I need to get one ready for the youth worship team with some song ideas to get that rolling.

0 comments: