Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Release Tuesday

Each and every Tuesday I get an email from oddly enough "New Release Tuesday" and it lets you know of all the new christian cds that are coming out and has a review of some of them. It even has a genre listing to kind of let you know what style it is. Its pretty helpful and informative and just about every week it even gives you a sneak peak at a cd that is coming out. That sneak peak lets you listen to the entire cd with a few quick ID's in there but it gives you the listener a chance to check out some new music. Today when I got it I was able to listen to the new Lincoln Brewster cd "Today Is The Day" which will be out in stores next Tuesday the 23rd and I'm pretty sure that at some point I will be picking this cd up. Joy FM has been playing "Today Is The Day" quite a bit and I enjoy that song so I already knew that one going in but of course the cd version is a bit different, actually its much better than the radio edit they have. There are some good rockin moments, theres some good worship moments and even a blues song or two. If you don't know who Lincoln Brewster is I know you've heard some of his stuff on the radio and might not have known it. They play his version of "Everlasting God" on JOY FM, its the one with his son at the end of it reading some scripture. He is the leading guitarist in christiandom, that guy can wail, in fact he got his start as the guitarist for Steve Perry when he left Journey. If you get the chance you ought to pick it up next week or go here and sign up.

0 comments: