Monday, September 1, 2008

Long weekends are cool

I really enjoy long weekends, this one though instead of being a 3 day one for me has been more of a 2 1/2 day one cause I worked on Saturday morning. It has still been good even though today seems like a Sunday with no church though. It has been a lonely one as Tammy and the kids have been in Tenneesse and as I type are on the road back home now, I'm ready to see them again but it will be a while because I am getting ready to head out to the track (Winchester Speedway) and hang out with my old racing friends for a bit and watch some races at the annual Labor Day Stock Car Festival. This started back in 1985 and with the exception of a few years in the late 90's and early 2000's has been run every year and I have been to all of them. The first one as a spectator, the second one started out as a spectator then went to the infield and eventually jumped the fence to join a buddy on the track crew, then I've worked the rest of them by either being on the track crew for a couple of them and scoring the rest. Today will be relaxation and I'll be roaming the infield checking out the races and saying hey to those I know.
I kinda miss those days of hanging at the track but who knows.

Yesterday was a great start to the new series "Confessions" and I stood back and looked and yeah I admit I lie too. Most of the time they are lies to avoid confrontation or lies so that I won't hurt someones feelings or to protect them. Thats not good I need to be more honest with not only myself but all the others around me. I'm ready for the other 3 messages and also we are starting in a new small group Wednesday night so that should be good.

Yesterdays music was a bit of a struggle from my standpoint and here's why (being honest now of course) we were set to do one of my all-time faves which we have done once in the past, it was good Thursday but for what ever reason sounded awful on Sunday morning, don't know what happened during those days in between but it just wasn't working. Added another song and moved on, kinda bummed about the whole deal and just wasn't into some of the songs. That was until the end when once again got a big bump from God and a little message that "hey its not about you, its about ME" during Mighty To Save. Thank you God for that little reminder. I like it when He gives us those little nuggets of truth.

Here is the song list for yesterday:
Trading My Sorrows - Darrel Evans
How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin
Glorious - Chris Tomlin
Clean Hands - Charlie Hall
All Who Are Thirsty - Vinyard/Kutless
Enough - Chris Tomlin
Mighty To Save - Hillsong

Good to have Pink with us again for a weekend, I could really tell God was working through him during that last set.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I don't think I have seen and felt the Spirit in services like yesterday for quite a while.

THANKS for all you do every week!!!

Nathan said...

You guys did a great job on Sunday!