Thursday, September 11, 2008

What?

I get this http://www.MarkCahill.org/news/0908news.html every month. It is a newsletter from Mark Cahill, the guy who wrote "The One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" and for the first few months I enjoyed it and I really enjoy that book. For the past few months it seems like all he is interested in doing is tearing other people in the ministry down. This month if you read it is all about Granger Community Church right here in Indiana and the pastor of this church happens to have a bit of local history. Mark Beeson started the church probably not too long after he left Farmland, for those who don't know he was the pastor at Farmland United Methodist for a few years. Although it has been years since I've seen or talked to him I know from those days that he has a heart for the lost. Posts like this latest one are getting old, "hey theres a church thats growing and causing a buzz in their community, they must be doing something wrong." Come on, I thought we were on the same team. How about a little unity instead of dissention. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but what I'm getting out of this post was enough for me to go ahead and remove my name from the email list. I don't want to read things like this anymore.

At the bottom of the newsletter there is two websites he suggested visiting so I checked out the second one and got a kick out of it. It's basically a blog with all kinds of different things that are "wrong" so to speak. One of them is on the "christian" version of guitar hero called guitar praise. As a parent and youth volunteer I am excited about this for a couple of reasons, it is a good alternative to guitar hero, and all of the songs are good christian songs that I'm sure my kids already know. It would be a good tool to use for those kids who come to youth to hear some good christian music and let them see that there are alot of good bands out there who are glorifying God. Some of the comments on that one kind of made me chuckle a bit.

0 comments: