Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Almost forgot

I forgot yesterday to include this in the post but alas I didn't completely forget so this is an addition to yesterdays post. YOUTH GROUP. That is how my Sunday late afternoons and early evenings are spent hanging out with the youth from the church and surrounding area and some of the coolest leaders on the planet. I am really excited about the new area and all the things that are going to be happening with the launch of it and all the new kids that are going to be strolling through our doors and all the changed lives that are going to be the result of the new area.

I enjoy hanging out with the youth every Sunday and even though I pay for it every Monday and sometimes even Tuesday, I have a blast playing football with a bunch of the students and leaders and sometimes basketball and sometimes I go easy and teach Samon a lesson or two in some Madden. This week we played a little ULTIMATE FRISBE (sp) which was alot of fun and I hope that we play that some more. I can see that becoming like Sanctuary Dodgeball and something that alot of people look forward too. This week there was a challenge dropped down before each student. That was there are 89 days til Christmas and there are 89 chapters in the 4 gospels, you know Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John, so they were challenged to read a chapter a day until Christmas so if you could help pray and encourage our youth to spend time in God's word that would be great.

It is always cool to look out on a Sunday morning and see alot of our youth worshiping with us and this week was no different and actually had a few new ones with us which was cool. Speaking of cool isn't it great that the temps are gonna be in the 60's for much of the rest of the week?

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Yeah, We love Youth Group, too! It's weird how after the first few weeks, we don't even miss that chunk of time anymore!

EXTREME FRISBEE is the BEST. You're so right! I don't like many games, but I love playing that game!