Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday wind down

Well Sunday is over except for the relaxation part now and what a busy day it was. Service went good this morning and the reaction to the first song was more than I expected. It was good to pull that one out and I think it went over really well. One of my earliest memories of that song was when I first started playing the bass with the worship team and hadn't played a whole lot and was standing next to Ryan who was still playing the "real" drums and when it got to the "There is no God like Jehovah" part and he was beating the snot out of them and I was standing beside them just feeling it in my chest thinking this is too cool, just got me that much more pumped up. There is alot of other songs that have been in the vault for a while that we might have to look into sometime. I know Thursday at practice I busted into Shout Unto God and Ryan and Eric followed right in and it was sounding good, hmmm.......

Youth was good again tonight, got to toss around the football for a bit with Samon, the Oliphants, Zach, Parky, Heavy B, Tonie, the Eric Brown, the Grimes boys, and my "nephew" (not really) CJ. It was fun and Tonya made some good spaghetti for us to chow on. I am getting more and more comfortable with the fellows in the small group I lead and they are even opening up a bit which is good. Had a little help tonignt from Nathan which was cool.

Todays set list:
Days of Elijah - Twila Paris
How Awesome Is the Lord Most High - Tomlin. Told James I thought about running over to him during the Hallelujah part and doing some headbanging but we both thought that would have killed the mood, would have been cool but not appropriate.
Holy Is The Lord - Tomlin
Open The Eyes Of My Heart - Paul Baloche
Your Love O' Lord - Thrid Day
How Marvelous (I Stand Amazed) - Tomlin
You Alone - David Crowder* Band

Played bass Sat. night which was fun, its been awhile and I told Tammy I haven't picked up the bass in over a month and mess around with the guitar daily but I still feel more at ease with the bass for some reason. Saturdays songs were:
The Time Has Come - Hillsong United
All We Need - Charlie Hall
No One Like You - Crowder
Everyday - Hillsong
You Alone - Crowder. I really dug playing bass on this one.
You Are The One - Lincoln Brewster
Everlasting God - Tomlin/Brewster

1 comments:

Keym said...

I am bummed that I had to miss it. I had a blast in KidZone though!