Friday, May 25, 2007

3 day weekend....................yes!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited about the upcoming 3 day weekend, whoever invented the 3 day weekend I would like to shake his/her hand. Start it off tonight going to New Castle with Bly to see my buds Apologetix again, then enjoy 3 days of whatever it might bring. Saturday I'll take part in the interviewing process for the youth pastor position, these interviews are kinda cool but I feel sorry sometimes for the person we are interviewing because last time there were 15 of us in there and that has to be a little intimidating. I am excited about the possibility of James and his wife Tonya joining our church as youth pastor and childrens pastor. I know that God will lead us to the right candidates for the positions. While we are on that subject I just want to give a shout out to Connie Akers and Bryan Vickery on the fine job they have both done with our children and youth. I think they have taken a critical age in which people make decisions about life and God and have done an excellent job at showing these kids the truth that is in Jesus Christ.

This is also going to be the hardest weekend of my retirement from the racing scene as the series I worked for hit 2 of my favorite tracks in Grand Rapids, MI and Toledo, OH. I always enjoyed both tracks and taking Tammy and the kids with me for little vacations. Toledo has one of the coolest zoo's for those of you with children and the COSI science center is cool too. Last time in Toledo we finally got to see a Toledo Mudhens baseball game and that is one cool little stadium. One word of advice though, if in Toledo go to Tony Packo's and just check the place out, I wouldn't recomend eating there but the atmosphere is totally cool. I think a trip to northern Ohio is in order in the near future to hit Toledo and go out to Port Clinton and Marblehead.

0 comments: