Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Whasssssup

I sit here and look at this blank screen and think what am I going to put in here today. Well I think I will put a little thing about Monday. I come to work on Monday, which Mondays still ruin a perfectly good weekend, and my boss comes up to me and tells me he saw a billboard in Indy that confused him and he wanted my opinion on the subject. The billboard said something about "Even Jesus supports gay lifestyles" or something like that then it had Matthew 19:10-12 underneath it. Now looking up that verse I don't see the same thing that this church sees in those passages. Yes this billboard was put up by a church. I think sometimes and all to often people take what the bible says and put a spin on it to make it say what they want it to say. Not good. This is one of the things that those who are lost are looking for to go against christianity. It reminds me of the DC Talk song "What If I Stumble" the begining where the guy talking says something to the effect of the leading cause in athieism is christians who procliam Jesus with thier lips than walk out the door and deny Him with thier lifestyle, it is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable. Our words and actions should be one in the same.

Now a good thing about this conversation is the fact that he is interested in it and we looked that up and allthough he is confused by the different versions he is at least looking. I have invited him and others here in my office to church, no takers yet to FFC, but one of them went to church this past weekend and two of them had children who went. Everyday I pray for these individuals and am starting to see some rewards of it. Now they all still say things like "the bible just contradicts itself over and over, they have not been able to show me examples yet, and how can Jesus be the only way, don't all religions basiclly do the same and so on and so on. I just try to keep planting seeds with what I say and my actions so it you will say a prayer for these fellows that they seek out God and that he continues to use not only me but all of us in ways that we can't even imagine.

0 comments: