Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Games and distractions

After some recent conversations I have come to a conclusion that sometimes I think our focus on what we are called to do and focus of leading others straight to Christ is sometimes hindered by games and distractions. Maybe I'm going to harsh on this and am off the mark but it has been eating at me so I have to let it out. This is MY own opinion and will stand behind what is said. I may be off base and might be looking too deep or actually not seeing the whole picture but this is what is on my heart right now. For reference anytime you see "" around a sentence it is probably a song lyric.

Our focus should be and always be leading people to Jesus Christ, no games no distractions just pure and honest truth. I am glad that when I came to Christ I didn't have to cut my hair or look a certian way, he accepts us for who we are. "My Jesus would never be accepted in my church, the blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet". "I think He'd prefer Beale Street to the stained glass crowd." These are a couple of harsh statements but I think they are legit of some churches today, they are more concerened with how the building looks, how the people look, how they look than what our main focus should be. Some churches are trying to be more of a country club than a house of worship, picking and choosing who comes in, I don't think Christ would care if someone came in wearing a strip club t-shirt to church. He would probably be the one sitting next to them glad that they are there.

My biggest gripe is when someone says I couldn't get into the worship because......the music is too loud, they aren't playing songs I know, Jim-Bob isn't singing so I'm not going to sing etc. etc. etc. My question to them would be where is your heart during this time, are you looking for an excuse not to worship, does it have to be structured? Worship should be anytime, anywhere. "I'm coming back to the heart of worship, and it's all about YOU" and I think we all know who the YOU is.

Right now I am having a hard time focusing with everything going on in my mind and its not coming out the way it should but to get to the meat and potatoes of this subject it is simple We need to have our focus on Christ and what he is calling us to do as churches and individuals not are the windows clean are the chairs all straight.....not to say that these things are not important but Christ should be the most important part. I am sure there will be some flack and I'm cool with that and I am sure sometime I will get my head cleared and actually revisit this and maybe it will all make more sense then.

0 comments: