Wednesday, May 23, 2007

People watching

One of my favorite pastimes is people watching. I like in the summer to sit out on the front porch with Tammy and just watch traffic and people as they go by. Most of them are oblivious to the fact that we are even there, it is good cheap entertainment as you have those who are rocking out as they drive by, those who are talking on the cell phone and those who look like they are asleep as they go. People do strange and funny things as they are driving and what is funny is that like I said most of them don't even have a clue that we are watching them. We have started a new thing at the house with a would you drive that vehicle thing and it seems right now SUV's are winning out with the most votes.

Always wonder as we are sitting there watching the traffic go by is where are these people going, and that is a two-fold question, what is the destination they are heading to or from? Did they just come from the ballpark? Are they heading to the pantry? Muncie? Parker? Then I think alot of times do these people know Christ? Do they attend church regularly? Where do they stand with God? Are they lost? Then that always brings the question of the day What am I doing to help them find their way? Am I reflecting Christ in my life towards them? When they look at me is Christ what they see? I strive to be as much like Jesus as I can possibly be and that people see Him in all I do. I will end this with Romans 10:14-15 which reads
But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is what the Scriptures mean when the say, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news."

0 comments: