Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Struggles

Something I have been struggling with lately is talk. Where I work there is alot of different types of talk and or speech. Now this is a factory setting for the most part and alot of the talk is putting someone down, cursing, and alot of times the talk normally turns sexual somehow in nature. This morning I kept thinking of Ephesians 4:29 which is from the New Belivers Bible "Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." If you have ever heard of the band Building 429 this is where they got their name from. I struggle with this sometimes where when someone puts someone or something down I'll chime in. I need to stop and make sure that the words I speak are encouraging and not cutting someone or something down. I have stopped the foul language years ago and don't ever want to go back to that kind of talk, I always call it the limited vocabulary talk. I seek and desire to speak truth everytime I talk and I hope that what I say can be encouraging to someone in someway. I will still joke around with people but I hope they and I can tell the difference.

0 comments: