Friday, March 28, 2008

Another first

Had another first time experience yesterday after work, I met up with Tammy, Pastors Marrgy and Jeff, and a couple of others from the church at the Muncie Mission to serve a little supper for them. It was alot of fun seeing the faces of these fellows light up when they got their trays, my job was garlic bread duty, 2 pieces per tray and hold it for the lady beside me to put the dessert on there. I was looking out after things had died down at the line and was wondering each one of these guys had a story. That story could be a comedy, drama, action or a horror story of how their life has turned out. I never really knew what all the Mission did besides house people, I didn't know that most if not all of those living there are recovering from alcohol or drug addictions and are getting their lives back in order through Jesus Christ. The mission is very active in teaching the word to these gentlemen and are doing a wonderful job. It was another chance to step out of the comfort zone and be the hands and feet of Christ. I only wish that with a congregation as large as we have for our little corner of the world that ALOT more people would step out and do these things when they are available. I know alot of people at FFC do these things but I think that there are more who do not and are missing out. My hope as well as others there is that at some point EVERYONE at FFC will be involed and actively be the hands and feet that Jesus has called us to be.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Mmm, I love learning people's stories! I think it's great you did this and that you are encouraging others to step out in faith... I think you may have inspired me ;o)

Keym said...

I would love to have been able to participate in that. We had Growth Group last night though and I didn't think about having the entire growth group go to it! I wish Pastor Jeff would schedule more activities at a later time like yesterday. It seems that a lot of our out reach missions are earlier in the day.