Sunday, March 16, 2008

Busy can't talk now.

I love that line and often use it at work just for fun, I got it from a Fed Ex commercial from a year or so ago, but that described my Saturday. After a little relaxation early yesterday it was off to the radio station to handle the duties on the Saturday show. This was alot of fun, they print out sheets that have everything that is happening that hour including spots and promos so you can plan accordingly for when you want to talk and what to talk about. Which was fun and challenging at the same time trying to do it spread out enough but not too spread out, and what to talk about each time. The only thing that didn't work out was I have forgotten how to use the weather bed, the music that plays in the background as you give the forcast so I just winged it without the music. Had a call for a request so I took care of that and while I was wrapping up that call got another one from PK. He was listening online and that was cool to have him listen and give some encouragement. Funny thing if you know me, I had to put in the request and take out a song, guess who I took out? Thats right a Chris Tomlin song, I kind of chuckled to myself on that one.

Got home from that ate a quick lunch at 4 got ready to go out and play for the final time at the Saturday night service. Had alot of fun with that rocking out, only bad thing was the wireless wasn't working right so on the first song for the most part I wasn't audible. Fixed that and went on, only had one bad spot which was I messed up the timing on one song. Here's the Saturday list:

I Believe - Hillsong
Blessed Be The Name - Matt Redman
Beautiful One - Tim Hughes (Jeremy Camp version)
Everybody Praise The Lord - Lincoln Brewster
For These Reasons - Lincoln Brewster
Amazed - Desperation Band
Indescribable - Chris Tomlin

Today was good as well, Ryan did a awesome job with the message and by the looks of the alters each service it was something that we all needed. Music was good except for the wireless problem wasn't what I thought it was so it still wasn't working, have to get that fixed. I had thought about doing some more guitar spinning today like I did at practice but that didn't work out. Here are the songs from today:

Forever - Chris Tomlin
Days Of Elijah - Twila Paris
Prince of Peace (You Are Holy) - Micheal W. Smith
Amazing Love (You Are My King) - Newsboys
Just As I Am - Daniel Baker
The Wonderful Cross - MWS
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Tomlin

Taking next week off as the family is heading south to Tennessee for a quick weekend trip. I hate to miss the first message of the Wait series but I will catch up with it. About time for some EXTREME NACHOS at youth.

1 comments:

Coby said...

i anticipate the day you spin your guitar in church. i will create a mosh pit that morning. =]