Monday, March 24, 2008

Back home again in Indiana

Where's Jim Nabors when you need him? Good to be back home after a good trip down south. I will admit that when you look around down there in Tennessee the country side is beautiful and you can see God's hand everywhere but I still don't like all the hills and looking out one side of your window and you see a mountain and the other side is the tops of trees. I don't mind curvy roads but not when they are on a side of a mountain. But it was still a good trip and I even learned a few things and they got me thinking a bit. One of them was when we were at the cemetary where Tammy's mom is buried, I was giving her some time to herself and looking around at the tombstones and I noticed 1 couple was married for 54 years and I thought thats rare in these days now, kept looking and I found a couple that was married for 59 years and I thought to myself, thats what I want, to be married for over 50 years to Tammy that would just be awesome. Thats what marriage is all about to me, sickness/health, richer/poorer, til DEATH do us part. I'm in it for the long haul.

I also was saddened for a family as they had a child born and died on the same day, then they had one born in April and died in August the next year then another one that died the same day it was born, it made me appriciate my kids more and realize how much we've been blessed. I even went southern by riding a dirt bike for the first time. It was funny as I was on it getting ready for my ride and Tammy came running out to get a good laugh. I made a successful trip around the yard then got off before I hurt myself. The trip back was one of those that it was hard to get home between stopping to eat, use the restroom, traffic just south of Indy for an accident, just seemed to take forever. Only one bad thing on the road in Louisville just cruising along going good and some dude decided to come flying around some cars and squeeze in between me in my lane and the car in the lane beside me, which Tammy and I both knew he would do, then for no reason when he whipped in front of us he slammed on his brakes causing me to lock mine up and cars scatter then he just took off, still don't get that one.

One last thing, Saturday we were checking out a roadside picnic area kind of in the mountain, some guy came by and waved then turned around to come back, I was thinking don't ask me for directions cause I have no clue down here. He asked us if we knew what Sunday was and if we knew Jesus and how cool it would be if He came back that day. He gave us 3 rocks he called Jesus rocks 1 for us and 2 to give away. This guy was a little freaky at first but boy did he have a heart and a knack for sharing his faith and I thought I would love to be able to do that and be that excited about what God has done for me. He left us with this and I will leave you with it as well, if you figure it out next time you see me let me know. Please don't post an answer to the riddle here to let others figure it out themselves. Here it is:

What's greater than God
Worse than the devil
A rich man doesn't want to have it
A poor man has it
And if you eat it you'll starve to death?

If you figure it out let me know when you see me.

0 comments: