Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Yet more tidbits, randomness, and facts

Here are a few more tidbits, random things, and facts to go along with this mornings post.

1. I want a tattoo but I don't like needles. Thats kind of like someone saying they like dessert but don't like sweets. I have an idea of what I want and let me tell you about it. It would be a picture of a heart with a door in it and Jesus would be standing there knocking on it. Anyone out there care to draw that up? I think that would be a great witnessing tool.
2. I still don't like this whole daylight savings time thing. Although we had all the clocks changed and ready Saturday night I still can't get over the fact that I go to work at 5 normal time now not 6 am. I do like the thought that I get out of work at 3:30 normal time not the 4:30 they say it is but it is short lived as I think about the first time statement.
3. Speaking of time we have 6 clocks in our house, 3 in the kitchen are all within a minute of each other and are the right time. The one in the hallway is set about 7-10 minutes fast, if we changed it we would be late to everything, not that we aren't already. 2 clocks in the bedroom, the main alarm clock is 30 minutes fast, it took awhile to get used to but now if it was set with the correct time once again I'd be so late. The other one is set automatically so it has the right time as long as you have it set to the right time zone.
4. I don't like hospitals or funeral homes. I will go and visit people in the hospital but don't like to stay too long and I will pay my respects at the funeral home but I am uncomfortable there, I like to laugh and have fun and remember people in that way. Speaking of hospitals I was just thinking I haven't stayed in a hospital since elementary in the 70's. I was probably 8 or so since I last stayed that I can remember. Now I've probably just jinxed myself so be sure and come visit when I end up in the hospital for whatever reason.
5. Tyson can put both of his feet behind his head and he is more than ready to show you, I on the other hand haven't seen my feet for awhile when I am standing and if I attempted to put a foot behind my head I wouldn't be able to get out of bed for days.
6. As I get older the type of music I like seems to get heavier. Most people I know start listening to stuff that is not as hard or heavy but my tastes are going in the opposite direction. I do like alot more praise and worship music than I did in the past but I'd rather listen to Demon Hunter any day of the week.
7. I get to eat breakfast at the elementary tomorrow with the pastries with parents. I remember when it was doughnuts with dad and muffins with mom but now they have put them in the same day.
8. I am anxious for Compassion Sunday and the opportunity to sponsor another child and talking about our sponsorship experiences, however I don't like talking in front of people so that could be fun. Comfort zone I'll be stepping out of.
9. I feel that there is something big that is going to be taking place at FFC in the near future that is just going to blow us away. I don't really know what it is but I've just got that feeling that it will be amazing and one of those WOW moments.
10. I have kept stuff for years and I don't know why I have kept some of it. And I have other things like ticket stubs that Tammy was amazed that I kept. One of them is from 1982, wow I'm old. I have even kept a few of the long cd boxes that cd's used to come in back in the day, why? Magazines from way back when, newspaper articles and other various memorabilia. Baseball cards, the shirts from little league, old jerseys that I had as a kid, concert shirts that do not fit and it I put them on I'd be like Hulk Hogan ripping his shirt.
11. I used to get together with Bly and another friend and raced bikes on a frozen creek. It was fun but what in the world were we thinking. Used to have alot of those moments and according to some probably still do. I wish we had some of those races on tape, they would be a good laugh. We used to have alot of fun with bikes in the winter for some reason.
12. I actually like all 4 seasons but towards the end of each I am ready to move on to the next one, like right now I'm done with winter, lets move on to spring.
13. I love storms. Dosen't matter what kind they are, thunderstorms, snow storms even ice storms. I'm just weird like that. It is about that time to look to the west and see these big dark clouds rolling in and the wind pick up and a big old thunderstorm blow in. Tammy and I have gotten up in the middle of the night just to open the blind in the living room and watch the lightning. We need a house with a room on the top that is 360 degrees of windows to watch storms from up there, now that would be cool.
14. It is a dream and goal of mine to bring pyro, intelligent lighting, and visual imagery to the services. It would be cool to start a service off like a concert with the music blaring, lights going everywhere, explosions and smoke and have video images that go along with the song. The energy level would be way up there and then end the song with images in a way that just makes you in awe of what Christ has done for us. In a nutshell go from excitement and celebration to humbleness and praise, going from full volume to total silence just feeling God presence everywhere. Thats what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Rick Brown said...

Almost afraid to comment after Charles Barkley and calory shot I took......oh well I agree with you on #4 and #9.

Anonymous said...

Tattoo? Are you sure? Why damage your skin. Be bold and speak the truth and let your actions set the example. I think you do a good job of this now.

Anonymous said...

About Sir Charles. Never really cared for him and Rick you're much better than Charles Barkley.

Coby said...

i know what you mean about something big happening at FFC. i get the same feeling all the time.