Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break

I want to know why my kids get a spring break from school but I don't get one from work? They get a summer vacation from school but I don't get one from work, they get a christmas break, fall break, teacher in service days and other various days off. At work I get a few weeks of vacation, which is greatly appriciated, and the major holidays off (New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) but no supervisor in service days or fall break or anything like that. Something isn't right. On the other side I do get paid for going to work where they don't get paid for school so I guess that makes up for it. I hope they enjoy the last 2 days of spring break because it will be back to school in a few days.

Looking forward to in no particualar order:

Worship team practice tonight
Serving food at the Muncie Mission tonight
The weekend
Church and Youth
April 4th back to JOY FM for SRF from 10-11.
April 12th Skillet, TFK, and Decyfer Down @ Anderson University
The start of baseball season
Big boomin' thunderstorms
And just hangin with the family

2 comments:

Keym said...

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to be an adult so I could work and not have to go to school! Boy oh boy I should have listened. There are some great perks to being an adult but kids get a great deal too. Tons of vacations and toys. My Barbie collection rivals Matels! That is all I'm saying!

bryan vickery said...

last night i had a third grader ask me why i had to work on spring break. i didn't know what to tell him...

i'm looking forward to those spring storms as well. wish i had a porch.