Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rather interesting

In the past week or so we got our tax check back and safely put it in the savings for a rainy day so to speak. It is rather interesting that since we have gotten the tax check back that the Toyota needs a catalitic converter (couple hundered bucks), the washing machine now needs a new timer switch so it will stop shutting off every few minutes, (again couple hundred bucks), and now the Sable is acting up and I'll be taking it to the shop here in a few (don't know how much yet). I like to think that God allready had this all planned out and knew that we would have the extra funds to be able to take care of all of this, which he so graciously has. It seems that this happens every now and then and it just reminds me that even though we (Tammy and I) sometimes fret what is going on and wonder when it will stop we still know that God is in control and knows what He is doing. We just need to strengthen our faith and give Him the wheel.

Kind of reminds me of a new song that I have really gotten into the past day or so its called I Am God by Kirk Franklin with a little help from TobyMac. Normally I wouldn't listen to Kirk Franklin as it is not my cup of tea but this song is a funky rockin song with a great but simple chorus........."Be still and know I am God." Sometimes during this hectic life that we lead we need to just stop (be still), and listen to God or just take in his majasty and know that He has a plan for us and is waiting to use us (and know I am God).

2 comments:

Coby said...

so true!

Keym said...

Can I get an Amen!