Monday, March 31, 2008

Wow

Was yesterdays service amazing or what. I really like the way things move when they are not planned. The use of the kids on the offering song was very touching and what Rick and Nate both had to say was great to see God at work. It was just a great service from the message to the music. I really think that this series is one of those right place right time kind of things and I can't WAIT for next Sunday to hear the next message. I think I'll go download both of the messages so far and check'em out again.

For the music side it went good. I think that we are so close to a great ending for Mighty To Save it just needs a bit of tweeking. I had the start of Your Grace Is Enough and didn't mess it up, I don't mind starting songs out but I always get that "Don't screw it up" thing going on in my head and the nerves kick in and hands start shaking and, well you get the picture, but it didn't happen until later in the song my hand started shaking, I don't know why but it did. The sound sounded good up there and everything was crisp and clear and I think the sound and AV people deserve a round of applause.

Poor kids have to get back into the routine today and it was funny at Youth how when Pink mentioned that they go back and he has the day off, that was priceless. I am getting excited for Compassion Sunday, I think that a bunch of lives will be forever changed that day both here and abroad, I'm pumped.

Sunday set list:
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brian Doekerson
Lord Reign In Me - Brenton Brown
Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin
Mighty To Save - Hillsong
You Alone - David Crowder Band
Give You My Heart - Reuben Morgan
We Fall Down - Tomlin (I am used to the Kutless version)
Thou Art Worthy - Pauline Mills

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

i was pumped to hear more electric this week. nice job on the solo. when will you break out the guitar spin-around-the-head again?

Derek Chalfant said...

Byran, I got to get the wireless fixed, it keeps shorting out, but I have not forgotten the spin. Thanks for the kind words.