Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A few tidbits, randomness, and fun facts

Here are some tidbits, random thoughts, and facts from inside me, kind of a behind the scenes thing.

1. I started out as a child, and sometimes go back to that, I might not never grow up.
2. Tammy and I will be celebrating our 16th anniversary Friday, we're old enough to drive now, scary.
3. We will be celebrating at Applebee's for lunch, stop by and say hi.
4. I am currently enjoying a website called Slacker Radio. They have alot of different genres with a bunch of stations or you can make your own. I made my own with about 60 different bands.
5. Speaking of radio I'll be on JOY FM again this Friday from 10-11 pm, you should call in and say hey, more on that later.
6. Another upcoming post when I get all the info sorted out best I can will be on all the bands I've seen which right now tops 115 different bands and all the shows I've seen. April 12th I'll add 2 more bands to that list.
7. Sometimes I wonder why we even own a TV because some nights it gets turned off at supper and doesn't get turned back on or if it does it is on the music channels that are like a radio just playing music.
8. My car sounds like a semi right now and I have no idea why.
9. After tomorrow I will have 3 more months of the 30's left then its off to another decade.
10. I am a big sports nut-baseball, racing, football (college and pro), basketball (college NOT pro), and even some hockey every now and then.
11. My faves from that above are as follows:
Baseball - Atlanta Braves and whoever is playing the Reds, plus there are a bunch of players that I just like to watch play.
Racing - Tony Stewart and I keep track of those who have raced with the CRA or out at Winchester.
Football - Colts and a whole host of players like baseball that I like to watch play. And yes I like to watch a game that is played outside in the elements, snow, ice, rain, mud......
Basketball - IU and whoever is playing Purdue. I don't care for the NBA because they have turned into a bunch of crying, whining thugs who only care about themselves and stats and making the highlight reel on Sportscenter. I do however get a kick out of watching Charles Barkley cause he's just plain funny.
Hockey - no favorite just like to watch a good physical game where bodies are flying all over the place. Need to go to a game as it is the only major sport I haven't seen in person.
12. I am blind in my left eye and have been since I was 5. Got hurt playing a makeshift baseball game out in front of our house during the All-Star game of that year. A realator sign was second base and I hit it and one of the clips that hold it on came off and hit me in the eye. I describe it to people as take a camera as far out of focus as you can and that is what I see in my left eye.
13. I like to eat, esp. anything with chicken in it, spicy or not. When eating out I like Carlos O' Applebees Roadhouse Garden. Or Carlos O' Kelleys, Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, and Olive Garden.
14. I can't belive you've made it this far, thanks for reading.
15. I have been blessed way more than I ever should have been with the most wonderful wife in the world, two of the best kids ever, a great supportive family, and the most awesome church, church family, youth, worship team and pastorial team in the whole wide world.
16. Last but not least a wonderful, loving, forgiving heavenly father who no matter how far I miss the mark, how many times I fail, how many times I am disobediant or fall He is ALWAYS there waiting to pick me up, encourage me and send me back "in the game."

4 comments:

Rick Brown said...

I agree on the Charles Barkley comment. He is funny

Anonymous said...

Braves :( Chief you're better than that!
Like that NBA player said the other day. You should only listen to Barkley when he's talking calories!!

Derek Chalfant said...

Like Barkley would say, "Thats terrible" if you would only listen to him then.

Rick Brown said...

Wow