Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend that was.

How many of you out there like this Daylight savings thingy? I don't see too many hands. Although the clock says 6:38 I know it is really only 5:38 right now and its gonna take some getting used to it again. Ah, I remember when we didn't have to do any thing with your clocks twice a year, those were the days. Good weekend but kinda felt cheated an hour yesterday though. What a nice little snow storm we had there Friday and Saturday, those who don't like it by this weekend you will probably not even see any of it left.

Saturday went and hung out with the McAllisters and Blys eating pizza, drinking sodas, and playing games and had a blast. I really enjoy those types of things and laughing and having a good time. Sunday was good music went well I thought (more on that in a minute) and I really enjoyed the message. I am one of those guilty ones who always asks God for a sign. I really need to work on sharpening my faith DAILY. Youth was a blast as well with the first annual snowman competition, I only wish the snow was more cooperative than what it was. We didn't win but we all had fun. Looking forward to April 12 when 20 of us head to Anderson University to Reardon Auditorium to see Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Decyfer Down. If your there look just to the left of the center aisle in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rows and you will see us. I'm ready to rock.

Sunday set list:
Not To Us - Tomlin
Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman wrote it, Tree 63 made it a hit
Better Is One Day - Matt Redman wrote it, I am used to the Kutless version
40 - David wrote it in the Psalms, U2 made it into a song
Let My Words Be Few - Matt Redman wrote it and many have done it
My Glorious - Delirious (Haven't done this one in awhile, Jennifer called it the superhero song)
Mighty To Save - Hillsong

Looks like a Matt Redman weekend. Ready for this weekend when we have a guest worship co-leader, anxious for Thursday to run through the songs.

0 comments: