Wednesday, March 14, 2007

15 years ago (part deux)


Like I said yesterday 15 years ago today my life changed forever when I married the most beautifully wonderful lady, Tammy my wife. Who knew that years later 12 to be exact that both of our lives would change for the better.

Let me take you back to 2004 we had started going to FFC in 2003 right around the time we did THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE. We were starting to get involved in the church and growing when THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST came out, went and saw the movie and was deeply touched. A few weeks later we had a message on the movie. Now that day was different from others for Tammy and I, the kids had spent the night with her parents and we were picking them up after church, those days after service we would rush to get them at KIDZONE and head home, not this day. We went to Sunday school that day and we were learning about sharing our faith, Tammy was teamed up with Rita Childress if I remember correctly. Don't know what went on between them but at the end of the service when PK was giving an alter call I was standing there then all of the sudden Rita is standing between Tammy and I, don't remember her coming there but she was there and talkig with Tammy and I look over and they're gone heading up to the altar. That day my wife accepted Jesus Christ as her saviour. Not only did it change her life but mine also (more on that tomorrow). So I look at this day not only as a wedding anniversary but and eternal anniversary as well.

I don't know if I ever told these people thank you but thanks to Rita Childress, Mandy Bly, and PK for helping lead my wife to Christ. It still amazing how everything worked out that day with going to Sunday school which we didn't always do, having no kids at church that day, and the message that was delivered. God had a plan that day and it was truly His day and His working. We were able to hang out longer that day which we didn't normally do and I can't remember all the people who came over to hug and welcome Tammy into "the family". I'm getting all shakey even typing this. My story tomorrow...........

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

Happy anniversaries! Sounds like two of the best days of your life :)

Kris Sorensen said...

That is so awesome! You made my day; it is always encouraging to hear about changed lives in our congregation.