Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The morning after

Well if you listened last night to JOY FM you got to hear my radio debut, if you didn't sorry you missed it. That was alot of fun and yes I was slightly nervous about being on the air but when Dan Franks our teacher asked who wanted to be first I said I would. I had a few moments to get prepared and then it happened my first break, got to talk about the JOY FM pet of the week, things went smoothly I thought. Then it was sit and wait while the other 3 had their chance at the mic. You could tell first time around the was nervousness, second time it seemed to go alot easier.

Second time around I got to do the scripture spotlight and even did a little ad-lib before hand. Then more waiting until the end I got to close our class time with a little plug for the spring sharathon. All in all it was alot of fun. Thanks to Dan Franks and JOY FM for a class like this and thanks to my fellow classmates for the encourgement and fun we had during the classes. I will be back over there Friday night with some tickets and cds to giveaway, don't know if I'll be on the air or not, but give a listen from 8 to 10 p.m. One of the ladies in the class asked me why I seemed calm during the class and I told her I knew that this is what I was supposed to be doing and by that I mean I know God put me there for a reason so I kind of had that peace that He brings knowing I was there for a reason. That reason maybe to work there someday maybe start a station someday or maybe it was just to be there and have a friend of mine listen to a christian station for the first time and get them thinking, who knows but I know to take a line from MercyMe...Where you lead me I will follow....so where God takes this I am soooo there.

I have been blessed beyond imagination being able to do stuff I have always dreamed of, playing music in front of people, being a DJ, and now helping with a concert promotion.

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

Sorry about your rough debut... I heard you burnt down the studio last night. At least Spring Sharathon is coming up. Hopefully they bring in enough $$ to build a new one.

:)

Seriously though, you were "as cool as the other side of the pillow" on the air. You must have ice in your veins. Nice job!!

Derek Chalfant said...

Thanks for the kind words. If you could have been there as that first song was winding down and all those "what am I going to do" thoughts were flying around, it wasn't ice going through the veins. But when it was time to go I forgot all about those thoughts and just did what I had to do with a little or should I say alot of help from someone up above.