Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend thoughts

Another weekend has come and gone, it seemed shorter for some reason (about an hour).
Had some great time alone with Tammy on our date it is a different shopping experience when its just the two of us, great time, thanks to the Silvers again for watching the younguns.
Church yesterday was great as usual. God was definately moving in some lives yesterday. From a musical stand point was it just me or was it LOUD in there yesterday. That was totally cool, the louder the better in my mind. NOT TO US was a good starter and went pretty well, on a side note Chris Tomlin is a great worship leader and writer and has some fantastic songs but I am personally burnt out on him. On all of the worship music emails I get he is everywhere each week. Still a great writer and great songs but there are a ton more who are just as good.
ALL TO YOU is always a fun one to play and people really seem to connect with that one, someday I'll learn the solo for those of you who have heard the live version, but sometimes I think personal gratification of a great solo is not what worship is about.
Congrats to JR Childress on his brand new IPOD, I am glad to see that as Ryan said there is more from where that came from. GIVE YOU GLORY is another new one that has seemed to connect with people. It is always cool to see worship happening during the fast set. BETTER THAN LIFE for the offering was kind of dragging in my opinion but I think it will be another one that shows up quite a bit. The slow set was fabulous. LORD I GIVE YOU MY HEART and YOUR LOVE O' LORD both went well. We have a set list so to speak everyweek and try to end the worship set with an upbeat song but sometimes God has other plans and we have to delay the last song like yesterday and that was totally cool seeing people coming to Him with whatever they had. The message was really good and props to Jeff. I really liked the end with the throwing away what is keeping you from moving closer to God. To see people lining up to come throw it away was great.
The second go round of BETTER THAN LIFE was off the hook. 10 times better than the first. This week will be a busy one with 3 services at FFC and Aquire the Fire at BSU I think God is going to show up in a mighty way so my suggestion is get involved in all that He has to offer this weekend and beyond.

0 comments: