Thursday, March 1, 2007

I like the way March has started


I like the way that March has begun, waking up to a thunderstorm was just too cool. It might get kind of rough later today so Andy get the camera ready. Does anyone else sit in the living room with the curtains open watching the lightning with the one they love like Tammy and I do? Good times.

Kind of reminds me of a song "Who has told every lightning bolt where it must go....." someone name that tune. Sorry I don't have a prize to give away like an IPOD Nano (See PK's blog) but you will have the satisfaction of knowing some music trivia.

That is what I like about Indiana weather we get to experience all seasons literally, we get good storms but not as bad as Oklahoma, we get snow but not as much as Colorado, it gets cold but not as cold as Minnesota, and it gets hot but not as hot as Florida or Arizona, kind of right in the middle of all the weather extremes which leads me to this question: Is God in the middle of your life's "Weather Extremes"? Sometimes when things are going good(summer) we take for granted all He's done for us and sometimes try and get in the middle and take control, when things turn stormy or cold then we get back out of the middle and let him take back over. With him in the middle the "weather" is always good no matter the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be from "My Redeemer Lives"....what, no prize?? What kind of third rate contest are you running? :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to add...I normally win concert tickets or cd's!! :-)

Derek Chalfant said...

Actually it is from Indescribable, first line of the second verse so sorry no prize. I couldn't get a good sponsor to hook me up with any prizes, I'll have to work on that and besides that with your answer being wrong does that mean you owe me a prize? ;-}

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I got my songs confused...same concept in both songs basically - God is in control. Gotta give me props for at least tryin! AJS