Monday, March 5, 2007

Ruined my life

"Everything's different now
Now that you've ruined my life

You took my dreams
and stole my schemes
And turned my life upside down
You took my heart
Stole every part
And made it a miricle."

Taken from Audio Adrenaline song Miricle

I've always liked this song but was a little confused by the line now that you've ruined my life, that was until I read a snipet of an interview where Mark Stuart explained what he meant which is we have a way in which we want things to go and then it gets turned upside down and we think that its ruined but then we see that God has bigger and better things planned for us. What we thought was ruining our life is actually what makes it a miricle.

I have experienced this first hand, I always wanted to work in a recording studio and never wanted to play in front of people, I get a little nervous in front of people, and then I was asked to practice with the worship team and then that turned into actually playing with the worship team and I was thinking God what in the world are You doing? You know I get nervous in front of people, what if I play the wrong song, the wrong chords etc...I can't do this. But God has bigger and better plans. I know that I am not a good guitar player but I know now that God has put me there for a reason and has plans. He can take a no talented individual and use him for His kingdom. I still get nervous every now and again but if I just let God take over He will provide.

I always find it funny that the one thing we fear the most is the thing that God chooses to use us in, just another example of I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me. When we are weak or think we are unable, He is Strong.

1 comments:

bryan vickery said...

I love that song. It's probably my favorite song that AA sings. Here's another of my favorites called "Good Life":

[CHORUS]
This is the good life
I've lost everything
I could ever want
And ever dream of
This is the good life
I found everything
I could ever need
Here in Your arms