Thursday, March 29, 2007

Racing season starting without me


This weekend will be the first weekend of the racing year for the series that I had been a part of for 10 years. The CRA SUPER SERIES formally known as the Kendall Indiana Late Models than just Kendall Late Models than the SUNOCO SUPER SERIES now known as the CRA is opening its season down in Nashville at the Music City Motorplex. I was there once and it is a cool old place. I had worked with the series since its start in 1997 and full time from 2001 to 2005 and enjoyed it and met alot of cool people. The officials and racers were kind of like family and I helped with 6 races last year for them and it was fun. This year will be a little different as I have fully retired from the racing world. I spent 20 years at the Winchester Speedway and retired after the last race there last year. Will I miss it? You bet. The friendships I made during those 20 years are plenty and not hanging out with some of them is going to be a bummer. I guess I can still go to the track every once in a while just to say hey. I'll miss places like Toledo, Berlin, Angola and all the others. Those 3 places used to be good little mini-vacations for the family, Tammy would drop me off at the track and take the kids to a zoo or park or just around site seeing then come to the track during the races and pick me up. Good luck to Glenn, RJ, Greg and the whole CRA staff for a successful season and see you somewhere down the road.

0 comments: